Today is the perfect day to reflect on how we treat our birds. Have a pet bird? Below are some tips on how to best care for your pet bird:
- Get to know your bird – this may seem like a no-brainer, but it is the foundation for creating a positive life for your pet
- Get to know birds in general – birds are not decorations, they are highly intelligent, social and demanding animals
- Provide as much out-of-cage time as possible – consider dedicating a room in your house as your bird’s room, so that your bird can spend as little time in a cage as possible. This is important, as it will give your bird opportunities to fly.
- Let your bird fly – everything about a bird’s physiology is designed for flight and they need flight as a means to feel safe and normal.
- Do you have any other bird tips or suggestions? Share them below!