- Never leave your dog in the car;
- Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water;
- Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside;
- Take your dog for walks in the cooler hours of the day;
- When walking, be aware that your dog can burn its paws, so try to stay off of hot surfaces (like asphalt);
- Remember that if you think it is hot outside, it is certainly hotter for your pet, so make sure your pet has a means of cooling off;
- Consider shaving dogs with long coats and apply sunscreen to your dogs skin if he has a thin coat.
For more tips on how to keep your pet safe click here.